Health insurance acts as your second skin in time of medical emergency. In the present time people are more susceptible to diseases and health insurance takes care of immediate medical expenses. The concept of health insurance is no more confined to the Americans only but the Indian counterparts have also realized the importance of buying health insurance. With an increase in demand for health insurance, most of the leading health insurance companies provide an option to purchase health insurance online. Buying health insurance online is a simple process and saves your time and effort also.
How to buy health insurance online?
Most of the insurance companies offer online policy to the people who are less than 40 years. If you fulfill the age criteria without any pre-existing ailments you can apply for online purchase.
1.Demand for online quote.
2. If it suits you, submit the duly filled proposal form
3. Pay the premium online via netbanking, credit/debit cards.
4. The policy documents are sent to your communication address and your email ID.
Buying health insurance online: A safe purchase
People still have apprehensions about purchasing health insurance online. Rest assured, buying health insurance online is as safe as physical purchase if you are going with reputed health provider. Just be cautious and practice the following:
1. Ensure that the website is genuine. Always look for a physical address of the health insurance company on the website and call them up for authenticity.
2. Seek information about the various plans that are mentioned online and judge if the agents are qualified enough to convince you and what they say matches with the information provided on their website.
3. Ask them to send you the quotes of different policies on your email ID.
Benefits of buying health insurance online
1. Seeking information online from various health insurance providers helps you compare the premium and the policy plans of multiple providers. You can choose the plan which suits you the best.
2. If you fill the application online you directly deal with the insurance companies without brokers. Whenever the application is sent to the insurance companies, the underwriter evaluates the risk factors involved and the premium is decided accordingly. For example, if an applicant is a smoker than he/she is at higher risk to avail heart related treatment than the one who is a non-smoker. An underwriter on assessing other risk factors may accept or reject the application or may increase the premium. When you submit the information online you provide the first hand information to the insurance company directly and there is less chance of some important facts being missed out. Many a times it has been observed that some brokers just to boost up their sales hide some factual information which poses a problem for the applicant at the time of claim settlement. The claims can be rejected by the insurance companies if they smell anything fraudulent. As the direct communication takes place between you and the insurance company, the minutest of the query can be cleared by both the parties.
3. Buying health insurance online saves your time and speeds up the process. You can track the status of your application as and when it progresses.
4. You enjoy the same benefits of the policy like cashless access to the network hospitals, tax benefits and easy settlement process with the additional benefit of receiving your policy document and Health care card at your doorstep.
Your health insurance plan awaits you online. Select the plan that best suits your financial need and secure your health.